As mentioned in one of my previous posts, the last two months were rough but August was good to me (besides me getting sick) I have been trying to find something good in every situation and it has been working a treat. I have also decided to pick out things each month that have brightened up my month. Warning: I am a crazy animal lady so a few animals will be mentioned. Also I am aware that I keep making lists as blog posts but I love me some lists.
1. As always, one person that has made me truly happy is my wonderful husband Josh. He is one of the most selfless people I have ever met and he is fantatstic in situations when I need to calm down. Him and I were sick quite often last month and even when he was sick, he was still putting my needs before his. I’m aware that a husband is supposed to do that but Josh goes above and beyond and I’m so grateful for him. I mean look at his smile, he just lights up the room.
2. Basil and Mikey. Basil is my mums crazy little Shih Tzu and Mikey is my handsome little kitty cat. Oh my goodness these two made me so happy last month, they make me happy all the time but they’re definitely worth mentioning. Basil is a little pocket rocket and my mum sure has her hands full with him as it’s like having a toddler but he’s so lovable. I am more of a cat person than a dog person but Basil definitely brings a smile to my face. My favourite animal of all time is my beautiful kitty cat Mikey, he is such a little darling, Josh and I are convinced that he’s a dog stuck in a cats body, he’s so affectionate and he is so well suited to Josh and I. I’m so grateful for him, he has such a sweet nature to him. Below is a picture of Basil and he is showing us his pearly whites and then below that is a picture of Mikey in his favourite spot in our house (also spy him playing with the cord).
3. I have been enjoying reading recently and I began reading a fantastic book last month called ‘Immeasurably more’ by the author Cris Rogers. I am a Christian and I enjoy reading Christian non-fiction books so when I go to the library I spend all my time in that section. (Also can we all talk about how great library’s are!). This book has been such an interesting read, the Tagline on the book caught me and that’s why I picked it up. It reads “to a dehydrated church, Jesus has immeasurably more to offer”. That tagline hit me so hard and the book has continued to do, so I truly recommend this book to everyone, it’s a very pretty read too with loads of colourful pages so that’s a bonus. You can purchase this book at all bookstores so go grab it. I’m definitely going to purchase it because it’s a book worth keeping. As you can see below, the cover is captivating.
4. The kids at my work were definitely a highlight of last month, I am very lucky and I get to work with an amazing group of children who bring a smile to my face everyday no matter what. Don’t get me wrong, there are days when I’m pulling my hair out, but no matter what happens, there is always a handful of children that make it all worth it. I am looking forward to having children of my own as God has put the passion of children on my heart and I know it will be different with my own but I am loving learning about how children’s brains work and I’m learning different ways to go about things. The children at my job teach me to have fun every now again and not to take everything too seriously all the time. It’s important to have a job you love and I love my job.
5. My family make every day incredible, I’m very fortunate that the family that I was born into is so awesome and we hardly ever have problems, I’m very close with my mum and I always have been and I love seeing her everyday and having a little chit chat (mums are awesome! Am I right!?). My mum is my hero, she is so selfless and I truly admire her for her resilience in all situations. Not only the family that I was born into are amazing, the family that I married into is. I am so grateful that I have so many positive influences in my life and I don’t know where I would be without them. The family that I married into have been so welcoming to me right from the start and that’s their culture and they have certainly helped me to come out of my shell which has been great. Both my families get along so well which makes everything awesome as well.
Well that’s a list of five things that made me happy last month, I’m back into blogging and I’m excited. Thank you for reading , I hope you enjoyed it and I’d love to hear below in the comments about five things that made you happy last month 🌸